WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
Here at OEP SOAPERY (hereafter known as we, us, or our) are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of visitors to this web site. First and foremost, we want you to know that we are not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies or businesses for marketing purposes.
This is that policy.
Types of Data We Colleect:
A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Cookies are either:
– Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser
– they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
– Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again.
Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
– Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
– Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
Google and Bing Analytics
When someone visits this website we use a third party service, Google and Bing Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information that you have freely given us (this is usually limited to your name and email address). We use that information to send our newsletters to tell you about stuff relating to being a small business owner and marketing your small business; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses. That would be shady!
We will be in the future using a third-party processor, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We will gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletters for you. You can unsubscribe to these mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
We do not share your data with any third parties, but as stated above we do use MailChimp as our mailing list delivery service. We use Google and Bing analytics to figure out how well received our marketing has been and to help our customers find us. Lastly we use SquareUp (most know them as just Square) and Paypal to help you with your non cash payments.
Access to Your Personal Information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to read the privacy policies from the companies that we work with that help us service your orders, product sales, web browsing and newsletters please clink the links below. for their full privacy policies.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This policy was last updated on June 28th, 2018